Traveling butler (full-time) for a UHNW individual in China and South of France
We seek a highly professional and experienced traveling butler for a busy entrepreneur. The principal has a French background, is married, has no children, and works in the tech & logistics industry. The butler must travel with the principal; accommodation will always be provided. Main locations would include the South of France during the summer and China and other international locations during the rest of the year.
As the Butler, you will play a pivotal role in providing exceptional service, ensuring the seamless running of his personal life, and managing his private hotel (with ten rooms) in the South of France. The ideal candidate will be formally trained and display longevity and professionalism throughout their career.
Hotel experience will be appreciated as the family also operates a boutique hotel in the South of France. The butler will also manage the other staff members at the private hotel: the chef and housekeepers. The butler has to create and maintain an organizational structure and be able to manage both the personal and business life of the principal. Handling administration, booking flight tickets, and occasionally driving will also be required.
General tasks and skills that the butlers should have mastered are:
- Taking care of all house management & housekeeping: basic cleaning, silverware, and managing and hiring other staff and contractors, appointments, including setting the routines and schedules. Running errands and grocery shopping. Overseeing other properties.
- Table management: includes setting tables and serving meals, serving skills, service styles, table manners, wines, champagnes, creating menus, and special celebrations.
- Laundry and Wardrobe management: managing staff members focused on linens and delicate fabric care, clothing maintenance, ironing & pressing, dry-cleaning, storing, and product knowledge.
- Cooking: occasionally care for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, hygiene knowledge, speed cuisine, and quality control. Knowledge about wines, cookery, and cigars is appreciated.
- Valeting skills: purchasing and taking care of clothing and shoes, maintaining inventories, and packing and unpacking suitcases.
- Knowledge of etiquette & protocol.
- Being a listening ear and the right hand of the principal at all times.
- Driving: car driver's license is essential, and also motorboat and motorcycle licenses (in Europe)
The required profile
- Experience and knowledge of the profession of a butler.
- Experience in working and/or operating a hotel.
- A butler who can support the healthy lifestyle of the principal.
- Perform all duties with discretion, professionalism, and a pleasant demeanor.
- A person wishing to invest in a long-term relationship.
- A driver's license is mandatory: a car and preferably a motorboat and motorcycle (to drive in the South of France. A car driver's license might be sufficient enough to drive a 125 cc motorcycle.
- Language: English and French are mandatory. Mandarin, Russian, and Italian would be a great plus.
- Discretion and respect for privacy.
- Hands-on mindset and optimistic character.
- Being healthy and sporty.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Eye for detail and ability to multitask.
- A proactive and flexible attitude is appreciated.
- Able to understand the entrepreneurial environment: the willingness to learn and try new things.
- Fulltime, traveling and in the summer period (May- October) managing the hotel.
- Salary: 50.000 - 80.000 euro gross per year.
- The start date will be as soon as possible.
- Accommodation is provided.